Project goal: integrate user data generated via the Firefox browser with Streamr pub/sub and Marketplace.
Team composition: three team members working on it as a side project, with experience in software security and full stack development.
My teammates(Mehrdad & Vahid) and I are planning to build, initially, a Firefox extension to allow users an easy way to monetize their internet browsing data anonymously. The overarching goals for the project are:
Create a simple to use browser extension/plugin that most internet users would be able to install without too much effort Empower users to have a stake in their data, by giving them a way to monetize what it is righteously theirs Build it with user privacy as a core focus and allowing users full control of the level of privacy applied to their shared data Integrate with Streamr tech stack and Marketplace to offer a monetization platform and allow an automated, decentralized and fair distribution of revenue.
This extension has been designed in a way that users have full control of what would be sent to Streamr and they can easily choose which data is permitted to send by leveraging consent, filter, and, privacy capability of this extension. Also, we considered a modular engine for this product to make it easy to extend and update. Currently, it supports six modules:
- Amazon Module: This module look through all the user activities on Amazon and capture those activities that users have permitted
- Facebook Module: This module look through all the user activities on Facebook and capture those activities that users have permitted
- Search Module: This module captures all user searching queries
- Surfing Module: This module captures visited pages and bookmarks created by user
- Twitter Module: This module captures users activities on twitter
- Youtube Module: This module captures users youtube activities
We belive that transparency is a key point for success of our product, so we are going to keep the project open-source when it would be ready for release.